Recently when shopping at the grocery store, I came across Dad’s old- fashioned oatmeal cookies. Seeing these immediately took me back to my childhood and I happily bought them hoping to relive some of the good memories I associate with these tasty treats. This got me thinking about some of the other things I miss about my childhood.
- Believing I could see Santa if I stayed up long enough, even though I never succeeded.
- PA Days. Statutory holidays just aren't the same.
- Joe Louis in my lunchbox. Maybe I should start buying these again.
- Making snow angels. What a fun way to embrace winter without caring about wet hair.
- Going to the convenience store every Sunday and stocking up on candy. A girl can never have too much. Those bubble gum cigarettes were awesome.
- Watching cartoons on Saturday morning. This was an important part of weekend activities.
- Singing songs over and over again...until I drove my parents nuts.
- Swimming pool acrobatics for hours on end. It's amazing how quickly your skin shrivels up.
- Hosting my dolls at “tea parties”. The best ones were those under the weeping willow trees.
- Believing in the tooth fairy; really the coolest of all since she gave money and was so sly.
What do you miss about your childhood?