Resolutions aren’t my thing. Having said that though, I can’t deny the end of the year as a great time for reflection…that is, reflection on what the last year has brought, and with that, hopes and goals for the future.
Looking back on 2012 and ahead to the New Year, I have many thoughts. Here is a short list, in no order of priority, of just a few personal promises this time inspires. In 2013 I am looking forward to:
- Pushing my limits (even more). “They” say that this is where the greatest growth and learning takes place, so I say bring it on. To do otherwise would be b-o-r-i-n-g.
- Achieving greater comfort with vulnerability. I have talked about this here before, but it remains a work in progress. This is a tough one for me, but something I know is essential for so many reasons.
- Being more open. I used to be a closed book. I feel I've made great strides in sharing more private things about myself, somewhat in part due to this blog. It has been liberating and I am committed to opening those doors even wider, especially with those I really care about.
- More and more adventure. New experiences, faraway places and people, different cultures and customs excite and intrigue me like little else. I've woven a good measure of adventure into my life and look forward to many more, and the learning they bring.
- Listening to my intuition. It’s there for a reason. It will be true to you if you're willing to pay attention to it, even if you don't like what it says.