I started this blog over a year ago and with that was a commitment to sharing my thoughts and ideas with you on a regular basis. But as any writer will attest, sometimes the words just flow and other times, well…it’s everything you can do to get any inspiration at all.
- Walk away from all devices and go for a walk. Sometimes we can get suffocated by the "instant gratification" technology (can) provide.
- Do something else that you love, whatever that is. It could inspire new ideas without the pressure.
- Take a catnap. You will probably see things more clearly with a rested mind.
- Exercise. You can never lose by getting your blood pumping.
- Don’t overthink it. Jot down ideas uncensored.
- Try to empty your mind. For some meditation makes all the difference.
- Take a coffee break. Just like naps and exercise, coffee helps with lots of stuff.
- Read. 'Cuz inspiration comes from everywhere.
And you? How do you get over the rut?