We all know them. People who are never happy no matter what. They complain come rain or shine, good fortune or otherwise. I recently overheard someone say: "For you the glass isn't half full. The glass has a hole in it and all the water has drained out!" It’s at times like those that you realize how much of happiness is attitude and not circumstance.
Of course we all have our ‘off’ days, but the more we can stay in a positive space, the better. So with a view to that, here are some tips we can all keep in mind to reset our positive vibe!
- Focus on what you have instead of what you don’t. If the glass is half empty, how can it ever be full?
- Say thank you instead of always making demands. Recognize the effort of those around you, whether family, friends or colleagues, and show your appreciation. It goes a long way.
- Forgive instead of holding a grudge. Bitterness will only harm you, but forgiveness will allow you to move on. They say that the best revenge is forgiveness after all.
- Love more and frequently. We all want the same thing no matter where or who we are…to know we are cared about. As difficult as it can sometimes be, show you care without the expectation of anything in return. In and of itself that is a gain.
- Play. It’s easy to get bogged down in everyday obligations. Make time for yourself doing something you enjoy – everyday – whether that be reading a magazine, chatting with a friend, walking in the park, playing a sport, going to the spa, cooking a great meal...
How do you keep your glass full?