Sometimes when our relationship with a significant other is faltering, we hold on in hopes that it will get better with more time, more effort, more patience. While this can certainly be the case when two people want it to work, other times there are clear warning signals that they're "just not that into you" and you’re probably best to move on sooner than later.
Here are some telltale signs that there is probably no long term future together and you should probably pack it in...
- S/he rarely initiates plans together
- S/he doesn’t show an interest in exploring your hobbies
- S/he shares their interests with you reluctantly
- S/he compares you to their ex
- S/he doesn’t give you a gift on an occasion special to you
- S/he keeps mementos of their ex on display
- S/he picks on you when you do something thoughtful for them
- S/he rarely compliments you
- S/he makes little to no effort to get to know your family/friends
- S/he never talks about shared plans for the future