If you can’t think of anything nice to say then you’re not thinking hard enough. – Kid President
A video by Kid President called “20 things we should say more often” has been making the social media rounds of recent and caught my attention. I couldn't agree more with most, if not all, of his suggestions, especially his tip to sometimes say nothing at all.
- I believe in you. Sometimes people need that little bit of encouragement to take that next step, whatever it may be. Expressing your belief in them could help them muster the strength to take the leap.
- I love you. This is not a cliche. There are few words sweeter than this when supported by the actions that prove it.
- I appreciate who you are. What better way to express to someone that you recognize, accept and value them?
- You are not alone. The world is a big place and life is busy. Being there for your loved ones in small (and big) ways makes it less so. Tell them you're there.
- My personal favourite – “Want a cupcake?” Enough said.