The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers. -
That day is nearly here. The one where we celebrate everything to do with love. As so many of these 'special' days have been overtaken by commercialism, I wanted to share some tips on how you can celebrate with your significant other without spending a dime. Regardless of whether you already have plans, hopefully you'll be inspired by some of these ideas to show how much you care regardless of the day.
Feel free to add to the list in the comments section.
- Cook a meal together. Don't be intimidated if you aren't a good cook. Half the fun is in experimenting.
- Bake. If your partner has a sweet tooth, taking the time to bake treats is a heartfelt way of showing your love. But really, do you need an excuse?
- Enjoy the outdoors. Instead of lamenting the winter, get out and make the most of it together. Why not go skating or tobogganing at a local park and make some memories.
- Write a love letter. You don't need to be Shakespeare to express your emotions in writing. Your partner will be thrilled you took the time and effort to pen a note. Just think back to how excited you were to receive cards as a kid. It's better than that.
- Cuddle up. Get cozy over a bowl of popcorn and watch your favourite movie, romantic or otherwise.