It has come to my attention that I'd made some promises to myself by way of a list etched here in the blogosphere. It took a while to trace it back but I finally found it. I can't believe it's been almost three years since, so I suppose it's long overdue to report back as to how I've fared.
- Volunteer in Africa: though just recently, this one happened. I volunteered in an orphanage in Ghana for two weeks. This will continue to stay on my list.
- Undertake a serious photography project: well, with the addition of some images from Ghana I would have been finished a book I plan to self-publish. On accidentally closing the file I learned I couldn't retrieve it from the cloud...because it wasn't saved there. Back to the drawing board on that one. The good news is all the images have been chosen which is the bulk of the work.
- Join a bike club and take on a cycling challenge: I've occasionally ridden with a bike club and have continued to take on charity fundraising events, most recently Epic Tour Halton. I am not competitive when it comes to my cycling, never will be.
- Learn Spanish: easier said than done on this one. I've taken two courses but really need to immerse myself in a spanish speaking country to let it all sink in. ;)
- Commit to more volunteer work: there are so many causes I feel strongly about I wasn't really sure what this would look like. Time and opportunity steered me toward focusing on mentoring recent graduates and young professionals. Most recently I mentored a young woman through a program we run at work. I didn't realize the impact I had made on her until I read her heartfelt thank you note. In the last three years I've mentored 7 people. Mission accomplished on the volunteer front.
- Complete kitchen renovation: this is a moot point because I moved 1.5 years ago and now have a kitchen that doesn't require renovation.
So there you have it. Time to set some new goals. Stay tuned.